Non-organic powdered pigments
Non-organic pigments are characterised by:
- better resistance to light and weather conditions: they do not lose colour when exposed to sunlight and, e.g. acid rain
- resistance to low and high temperatures
- resistance to alkali and weak acids
- non-solubility in water, paint binders, organic solvents (yet they are mixable)
Used for manufacturing and colouring:
- in construction industry - due to their properties, non-organic pigments are indispensable in colouring building materials, hydraulically pressed products, prefabricated products, ready-mix concrete (e.g. paving blocks, fences, tiles, silicate bricks, cement roofing tiles, concrete mortars, grouts, terrazzo, concrete mix)
- paint and varnish industry - for product colouring, they excellently mix in paint binders, organic solvents, ensuring full colour saturation
- plastic products industry - as pigment and filler in production of plastic elements, e.g. tiles, floor linings, barrels, boxes, film, PVC, etc.
- rubber industry - as fillers and pigments
- ceramic, glass, foundry, textile industries, as a component for production of brake blocks, etc.